Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Shark Puppies: The unspoken global warming threat

I am experiencing a return of the mysterious North American Sleeping Sickness I contracted last month, so I took a coma-like 3 hour nap this afternoon. During my blissful escape into unconsciousness, I had a very vivid dream. Global warming had proceeded apace, and I was walking along an icy shoreline with a leading scientist-of-the-future, who explained to me that climate change had resulted in a drastic evolutionary leap in sharks. The sharks, who were swimming conveniently right at the edge of the land so we could observe them, were now all having live birth, and their young lived on land and looked like puppies. While we spoke, one of the sharks had some of the aforementioned shark puppies, which were cute and round and black and brown, and the puppies started frolicking on the beach. My children, who appeared at this point as if from nowhere, were naturally drawn to the cute baby creatures, which then turned and bared their horrifying shark teeth, scaring the holy bejesus out of me and the kids. I really wish I had any artistic ability, because the vision of the gnashed-teeth shark puppies is really haunting me. Maybe I'll give it a shot later, I don't want to deprive anyone else of the horror.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

drawing! drawing! drawing!

Anonymous said...

Sharks do give birth to live critters. Some sharks eat their siblings in utero and only one is born...the biggest and meanest.

so cute!
xx

Anonymous said...

Simple solultion - don't take naps!

Gina said...

i have been dreaming entire, weird, Charlie Kaufman-esque screenplays over the past few months. New career abrewing?