Tuesday, November 13, 2007

More about my so-called life

I loved that show. Still love Claire Danes. Dumbest network cancellation ever. But, as usual, I digress.

When I'm driving around or working at the hospital or sitting in class, I think of general interest topics to blog about, but when I have a few minutes to type, all I can think of is my own daily crap. I should rename my blog that - my daily crap. Although that sounds more scatalogical than I intended.

On the school front, I have yet another new master plan. I really like this one, actually. I figured out that since I have to do all the pre-requisites again anyway, I'll only be 6 classes from a second bachelor's degree (in chemistry), so I'm going to go ahead and enroll as a degree-seeking student and follow that track. The advantages are preferential registration and the appearance (I hope) to medical school admissions staff that I have goal-seeking abilities. Or something. Plus, more degrees! It's a little weird, because I started out college a million years ago wanting to major in chemistry, and now I've come back around to it. In one sense, it feels like completion or some circle of life crap, and on the other hand it feels like I kind of just wasted 15 years. I guess I'll try to focus on the former.

Unfortunately for the new master plan or any activity at all, I've been feeling really horribly run down the last few weeks, even for me. Yes, I'm busy, and no, I don't sleep, but this is ridiculous. I'm tired while I'm sleeping. It's bad enough that I actually went to the doctor today (for someone who wants to be a doctor, I'm very doctor-averse). I have a raft of bloodwork to do tomorrow (have to do it fasting). Hopefully it's just anemia or my thyroid gone wonky or mono and not something hideous.

So, that's the update. I'm full of ambition and exhaustion. Weird combination, not exactly designed for success.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I hate, HATE Clair Danes. She stole Billy Crudup from Mary Louise Parker when MLP was 8 months pregnant with BC's kid. They had been together for like 8 years. And she is Caroline's friend. I hate Clair Danes. She sucks.

Although I love Home For the Holidays with Holly Hunter and Anne Bancroft as Bmorons.

Good luck with school. I have to study.
ick.

Anonymous said...

Spellcheck let you down: scatalogical - scatological; whatever. We all knew what you meant. Good luck with chemistry.

Anonymous said...

Don't blame the network; blame Claire. I, too, was heartbroken when the show went off the air. I carried that heartbreak for years (as I see you have as well). Last year, I saw one of those Great TV Shows of All Time-type shows, and it said that Claire quit the show because she didn't want to be overidentified as the MSCL character. She quit to do movies. It was her fault. As for Billy, word up.

Laura said...

Impressed, as always, with your heap o' ambition. My big goal for tomorrow: to do something about my dark, dark roots. The roots of my hair, I mean. There's no doing anything, I suppose, about the darkness of my other roots. Whatever those roots might be. Did you notice, by the way, that I'm leaving this comment at, like, two in the morning? Who's exhausted now, huh?

Anyway, feel better soon. And get some damn sleep, woman.

PS "My Daily Crap" should pretty much guarantee you a spot in someone's unsavory Google search.

Gina said...

1. i LOVE MSCL. I have the season on DVD. come watch with me and drink wine one day.

2. beign doctor-averse is a sign that you are supposed to be a doctor--they make really sucky patients.

3. being degree-seeking may open up some financial aid for you