Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Eight things about me

These are hard to make interesting. If you're reading this, you probably already know me, so what can I say that you don't already know? Cole tagged me, though, so I'll be a good sport. Here goes...

1) I never win bets with my husband. Ever. I can be 100% certain that I am correct, and still I will lose. He got a big screen TV because of a bet about our second child's gender, and he just won a bet about an actor in a stupid movie, and I was so so sure I was right this time. Damn it.

2) My favorite book and movie are Gone with the Wind, and have been since I was about 10 years old. Scarlett has had a strong and lasting impact on my personality, I'm afraid.

3) I have mellowed with age, but still have a firm shit list of people that I irredeemably loathe that has stuck at three entries for years now. One is George Bush. My good friends know the other two. Don't anyone get paranoid, now!

4) After approximately 15 years of expecting the great body hiding within me to emerge, I'm beginning, slowly, to accept that this may just be how I look. More of me to love, baybee!

5) I know a very little bit about a lot of things and a lot about almost nothing. Most of what I DO know, I gleaned from novels, not from actual authoritative sources, so that's suspect too. To sum up - never believe any fact you get from me.

6) I used to love dogs. Really. I even raised puppies to become Seeing Eye dogs. Weird, huh?

7) Among my many failed attempts to improve myself and learn new things have been: piano lessons, Japanese classes, salsa dancing classes, two gym memberships, one creative writing class, and several gardening books. But med school will be different!

8) I hate feet.

Not sure there was anything new or revealing there, but I did it! One more small step toward becoming the kind of person who sets goals and then (here's the nutty part) works toward them.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feet? Really?

Where you grossed out I held your foot during Pilates the other day?

Hm. That sounds pretty weird doesn't it? Oh well.

xx