Thursday, September 01, 2005

Speaking of drinking...

I just went down to our disgusting, mold-smelling, cat-dwelling pit of a basement to use the sort-of-bathroom down there (because it seems like less effort to go downstairs to use the bathroom even though I KNOW I'm going to have to walk back up the stairs after). That long, overly informative sentence was not even the point of this post. It may be a long haul, brace yourself.

Here, I think, is the point. I had three thoughts following one upon the other that proved to me conclusively that I have had too much to drink in my effort to drown the anger at all the idiots referenced in the post below. Here are the thoughts:

1) I saw a spider (common in our basement, they outnumber us by a margin of something like 1,000,000 to 1), and instead of my usual (over)reaction of revulsion and fleeing, I marveled at the delicacy and near-transparency of its legs. How odd is that?

2) I washed my sheets earlier today (odd enough in itself, as I avoid laundry as much as possible until at least 3/4 of the members of my family are going about in pajamas or less). On my way up from the basement, to avoid further trips down this evening, I decided to bring the now-clean sheets back up. Unfortunately, all of my laundry baskets are currently in use (holding clean but either folded-but-becoming-unfolded or never-made-it-to-the-folded-point clothing), so I dragged the huge, disfigured, drawn on by children box that originally held our artifical Christmas tree over to the dryer and put the clothes in that. Then hauled it up the stairs. Then, upon seeing my husband's incredulous face, realized this was less efficiency and more insanity.

3) I sat down at the computer and saw the google talk window that shows that I, myself, am online and available. How is this necessary information to me, I wondered? Usually I approve of Google, but in this case I think they have overstepped. I know I'm available, don't waste my eye motions on a green dot that only references me.

I'm sure there's more, but I've lost interest. Going to re-watch Closer, as I made my husband turn it on after he struck out on other viewing options (crap movie on Oxygen of all things (is he gay?), WWE, NFL). I may have to go back through this post first, though, and count the hyphens. And parentheses.

0 comments: