Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Opportunity Cost

All this high-falutin' book-learning is going to my head. Although I am studying physics and not economics, all the random never-used trivia I picked up somehow during my first try at college (how, I'm not sure, as I rarely went to class or read a textbook) is coming back to me at odd moments. Just now, for example, I was weighing (get it, weighing?) my desire for potato chips against my desire not to be fat to the point of resembling a marine mammal, and I realized that the opportunity cost of NOT eating the chips is just too high. I want the chips more than I want to fit through doorways, apparently. Surely self-knowledge is a good thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Sleep deprivation does strange things to your brain.
xx

Anonymous said...

yum. chips. I dont have any chips. I like you cupboard full of stuff. mmmmm. stuff.