Thursday, October 06, 2005

Home Sweet Home

I'm back! I'm sure no one's even checking this blog anymore, it's been so long since I posted, but at least this time I had a good excuse, being in a country with no noticeable infrastructure and all. Not that I'm complaining (about the lack of infrastructure) - a dose of enforced planlessness was very welcome.

Italy is just amazing, and the trip was more wonderful than I could have imagined. We stayed at a villa in Tuscany, near San Gimignano, for a week as part of a destination wedding (the bride was a friend of the friend I was traveling with). Everyone was very nice and interesting and it was a really cool way to be a tourist - with a gorgeous and friendly home base. I saw Siena, San Gimignano, Volterra, and Florence, and each was awe inspiring in its own way. The weather was perfect all week, and I took way too many pictures. After the wedding itself, we went to Venice, with three new friends in tow. Venice is more mind-boggling than the rest put together - it's the fairyland you imagine as a child, brought to vivid (if damp) life. I want to go back immediately.

The boys (and my husband!) did well in my absence - I think I missed them more than they missed me. I can't stop holding them or get used to the big boy's incessant talking. It's good to be home.

I have a million little Italy stories that are probably only funny to me, but they'll have to wait for a bit. Got to squeeze the kids some more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh someone's reading all right - and waiting for your posts to become more regular. I never thought I would say this to you debbi, but why can't you be more like keith? He posts all the time.....

MamaNiger said...

I'm reading too... It's a little bit later than normal but I'm out here. I second Yvette. I love Keith's blog.

MamaNiger said...

I keep looking into your head... and it appears that there is nothing there since October 6th. :-)